As promised, Team Talk 11 is all about AXIOM Beta enclosures. It covers the manufacturing process of the Skeleton enclosure (see second video below). We share pictures and CAD files of the Simple Enclosure which is designed as a shell around the Skeleton enclosure and can be entirely 3D printed - so it can easily be adapted and modified by the community. You can also get the full CAD files of the Full Enclosure and review the current design - which combines laser cut, bent and CNC milled aluminum parts to form a rugged, ergonomic and unique AXIOM Beta camera body. Your feedback and ideas are welcome and if you're an experienced design engineer, we invite you to check out the Onshape project and create your own forks and improvements.
3D Print your own AXIOM e-mount lens capDownload 3D file
CNC Milling AXIOM Beta Skeleton
AXIOM Beta parts are being manufactured with a Tormach CNC mill. An aluminum piece is milled from two sides with various tools involved to create the required shape, flatten the surfaces, drill holes and cut threads. The entire process takes around 20 minutes for one piece. The machines requires constant human supervision and some manual interactions. The parts are sandblasted and coated afterwards.
- Shop links, prices and availability
- Camera structure - A complete guide to the camera's specifications and components.
- AXIOM Beta sample videos - Uncompressed .mov .mp4 and .dng files in 720p, 1080p and 4K are archived here if you'd like to play with them.
- Pre-order notification - Receive an email when a more user-friendly version of the camera is ready to ship.
- GitHub Repository
- Join the Team
- Social accounts - Links to YouTube etc.
- AXIOM Project Background - How apertus° and the AXIOM project got started.